Don't go in there!
Low level characters are pretty fragile, and gray oozes punch above their weight class. But sometimes, a party sees the glint of gold at the back of the cave and wades in.
Print & play 5th edition micro-module with almost no prep at all!
Experienced DM? Great for a one-shot evening when some of your players couldn't make it, or to help make a smooth transition between your big set piece adventures!
New DM? This micro-module gives you support in running a fight with some oozes without making you run off to the reference books, a little help making up NPC names, and some ideas for future encounters in the area, if that's useful to you. Hey, I'm just trying to help.
Any DM! If you've got some 2nd level characters in the hills and need a place to go next, this download will take care of you! 1-6 Oozes in the Dark is a full-featured micro-module for a threatening little cave - 8 zine-sized pages of setup, NPCs, story hooks, maps, loot, and an easy combat tracker.
This little booklet brings the game to the table with everything a big module has, and more!
- Setup hooks to bring the characters in.
- Some local NPCs (and a list of names to choose from if you hate making up names on the spot)
- Gray Ooze stat block so you don't have to look up a thing!
- a print-n-play battle map you can just have the fight right on.
- Initiative tracker and HP checkboxes for the oozes so you don't need separate scratch paper
- Ooze tactics are not subtle, ambush and eat! (Rescue NPC included if your characters are too fragile for gray ooze.)
- What happens after the encounter? Loot, experience, 1d6 random rewards!
- An area map and open-ended regional lore!
Designed for Print
The PDF makes an 8-page mini-zine. Two sheets of paper - print both sides, fold, optional staple, and you are in the game! Keep this in your toolbox and bring it out any time you need a fight in a cave!
Art Asset Shoutout
Map tiles for the full color micro-module designed by Steven Colling and available here on Itch.io.
Fifth Edition Compatible
This game supplement is published under the terms of the Wizards of the Coast Open Game License version 1.0a.
Supported on Patreon
If you'd like to have adventures like this on the regular, check out my Patreon page (Patreon.com/DeusExMinima) and thank you for your support!